My 500 Words: A Writing Challenge - Day 29



Today's prompt is to write about what I do know. 

I know that I don't know everything. I do know I have lots to learn. 
I know I don't know what tomorrow holds, but I will look forward to it with joy, thankful for another day to be alive. I know some people aren't that fortunate. I don't always have words of comfort in times of crisis. I know I can be there and lend a listening ear. 

I don't know why I say some things. I know my tongue can be my greatest weapon or my biggest downfall. I don't know all of my weak areas. I know that I am a work in progress.

I don't know why people strive for perfection. Perfection means free from all flaws and defects, and I know I most certainly am not. 

I don't know how people perceive me. I know what kind of person I strive to be. 

I don't know why some people don't realize they are digging a hole that is deeper and deeper with the words they say. I know if they would be quiet, their life would be a lot more peaceful.

I don't know the in between chapters of my story, but I know the ending will be incredible!

I don't know why I get so frustrated about the length of the journey. I know life is a marathon, not a sprint. 

I don't know how long it will take to get to the climax of my life. I know all the heartaches and pain I've endured will be worth it.

I don't know why people are so busy with things in life, but they never really accomplish anything. I know I want to savor each moment, soaking in the people in my life and all they have to offer.

I don't know why people get entangled with so many lies. I know it will all unravel eventually.

I don't know why people spend so much time on superficial stuff. I know it won't matter years from now.

I don't know why people are so quick to judge and criticize others. I know what they judge someone else for they are usually guilty of themselves.

I don't know why everyone stopped being kind. It is a choice. I know kindness makes the world a better place. We don't need more money or stuff to make us happy. We just need to strip away all the fluff and get back to treating others the way we want to be treated. Kindness means caring about someone else. We have got to stop being so self-centered.

I don't know what the world will look like in ten years. I know if we continue on the path we're on, we will be detached from those around us, longing for real connections, but finding none because we've forgotten how to connect with others.

I don't know how many see what is happening. I know we are experiencing a slow fade. Day by day, the areas that were once black and white are now muddled and gray. Boundaries are being dissolved and lines are being crossed. Thoughts and words hang in the air.

I don't know where we will end up as a society. I know every word, every decision made does have an impact on our tomorrows.

My Signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New URL

Memories Rewind: Granny’s Clothesline

Freewriting Day 19: Tangled Web