My 500 Words: A Writing Challenge - Day 28




Today's writing prompt is to write my own eulogy. The instructions are to imagine what people would say if I passed away unexpectedly. What would I want them to say?

Madison was a vibrant girl who radiated positivity wherever she went. 

Born a tiny preemie twin, Madison had a rough start in life, but she never let her disability stop her. She always had a smile on her face. 

Madison saw challenges as opportunities. When in physical therapy as a child, she would always ask her therapist, "Am I doing this right?" These difficult times helped shape her into the person we knew and loved. 

Madison was a giver. She put others' needs ahead of herself. She was always thinking about ways to help other people, whether that be journals for sick kids or tissues for cancer patients. Her greatest joy came when she could do something for someone else.

Madison never settled in life. She forged her own path and did things her way. When others said she couldn't do something, she would prove them wrong, often doing it better than they thought possible.

Madison was a leader. People of all ages looked up to her and how she carried herself. Madison inspired all who knew her to live life to the fullest.

Madison loved Jesus. Do you know how I know that? From the times she sincerely listened to a hurting woman to the time she bent down to hug a child, you knew she cared about you. She didn't just talk about making a difference, she did it. One of her greatest questions was "Am I making a difference?" Anyone who knows Madison knows she did. She made a difference by loving people well. She made a difference by giving hope and words of encouragement. 

If Madison were here, I know she would tell us to break down the barriers, keep striving for greatness. And that's exactly what we will do. We will all be kinder to each other, and I know she would want us to smile more. It really does make a difference.

This exercise also says to tell what things I would regret. If I died today, I would regret words I have said. Words said in anger. Words said out of pain and frustration. 

I would regret worrying about things that don't even matter. I would regret wasting time and energy on people who don't value me.

My Signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New URL

Memories Rewind: Granny’s Clothesline

Freewriting Day 19: Tangled Web