Beauty for Ashes

Isaiah 61:3 says, "God gives beauty for ashes." What does that really look like? I've experienced beauty for ashes when it comes to physical pain, but what does it look like for emotional pain?

I'm in the middle of emotional pain. A part of me has died. I keep saying to myself, "It doesn't feel like Thanksgiving. It doesn't feel like Christmas. It doesn't feel like it's almost my birthday."

Everything is a reminder that nothing is the same. Every part of my life has been touched. I know I'm still grieving, but how long will it last?

I can't answer that. I am holding to the truth that God is working even when I can't see Him. He's working even when I can't feel Him.

The Bible says in Isaiah 53:3, "He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain." 

I take comfort in the fact that God knows and He hurts when I hurt. I don't know how long I'll hurt, but I trust that He's making something beautiful out of my brokenness. Even when circumstances aren't good, He is good.

I've often heard it said, "When you can't stand, God carries you." I am confident He is carrying me through this season. I am determined to become a better version of myself through this.

My Signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New URL

Memories Rewind: Granny’s Clothesline

Freewriting Day 19: Tangled Web