Anchored

Take me back to the place of awe and wonder
Take me back to the place where I wasn't jaded
I wasn't cynical about places or people

Take me back to the place where I was free
Take me back to the time when all was right in the world

I am not looking for an anchor in a specific place
I am searching for the anchor within myself

Take me back to the time I was rooted and grounded
Where I wasn't swayed by every whisper or gesture

Take me back to a place of confidence
Take me into myself

Let me behold my true self
Let me see a reflection of purity

Not a mucky, blurry reality
Take me within

Help me block out the noise
Help me quiet my mind
And still my soul

And the echoes
Let the only echo I hear be one of truth

Take me back for a moment in time
Move me forward
Launch me forth as I regain myself

As I find my footing
And celebrate my voice

A website talked about the deeper meaning of an anchor which says, "It is a symbol demonstrating that a person is in tune with themselves and hold on to the values they believe in.
My Signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New URL

Memories Rewind: Granny’s Clothesline

Freewriting Day 19: Tangled Web