Treasure in the Junk Heap

Image Credit: Texture - Scrap 1 © John Nyberg via freeimages.com


What do you do when things are bad? So bad that you can't see anything good? Chaos and confusion have become your constant companions. Everywhere you look, things are messy. Things that should be together have fallen apart.

The only way to survive is to look for the treasure in the junk heap. Look for the one thing that gives you hope. Look for the thing that buoys your soul in the midst of the storm.

Trust me, it's there. There is something worthwhile in the junk heap. 

In the midst of your searching, you can count it all joy because you find patience. Searching through the junk heap requires patience because the treasure is hidden in the mess. You won't find it at the top of the pile shining with a golden light around it saying, "Here I am!"

You can count it all joy because you are recognizing and benefitting from the depths of His mercy and grace. Going back to the junk heap reminds you that you were once there. You were filthy, dirty, and unwanted. You were cast away by others because they didn't think you were usable.

So, as a treasure, you might be mad that you find yourself back at the junk heap. Why I am dealing with the mess? This mountain seems bigger than the ones I've overcome! Why am I here? What is the purpose?

The purpose might be for you to leave your comfort zone and help someone else out of the junk heap. You might be the one to remind them that life is worth living. Things might be bad, but they won't stay that way. You might be a mess right now, but there is a light inside you that can't be dimmed. Let your hardships refine you. Let them strengthen you. 

I don't know about you, but I choose to celebrate the treasure in the junk heap...in me and around me!




My Signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New URL

Memories Rewind: Granny’s Clothesline

Freewriting Day 19: Tangled Web