I'm doing a group project in Communication on rhetoric. For those who don't know, it means using language to effectively please or persuade. It has three main parts: Logos, Ethos, and Pathos.
Logos means using reasoning to have a logical argurment
Ethos appeals to the ethical side of things; source credability(perceived trustworthiness)
Pathos appeals to the emotional side of things; using vivid language
Here are a few that I thought of:
The Ultimate Gift
Black Beauty
The Beautiful Mind
Our goal is to have a clip of a movie to represent each one if possible. To Kill a Mockingbird has all three parts, but we want a few more clips if we can find them. I know my readers have some great ideas, so I thought I would ask everyone. Any movie suggestions that college students could relate to that fit within one of those categories? Book and movie lovers should love this topic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Longest Goodbye
This is what I said it felt like when describing what we have gone through with my grandmother. For four years, we've watched her slip a...
-
I was recently having a conversation with some other people. A really thought-provoking question was asked. "What event do you wish you...
-
I wrote this almost a month ago, but I thought this was the right time to post it. Rain on a Tin Roof by digifishmusic Please click the ...
-
I just came through another major surgery at 14. I slowly walked the hallway of the hospital as I was trying to prepare myself to meet my ne...
No comments:
Post a Comment