My 500 Words: A Writing Challenge - Day 23




Today’s prompt is to write the end of my novel.

I am free from the wheelchair and walker. I am walking everywhere, better than ever before. My steps are steady. It’s not a struggle.

I am independent, able to take care of myself. Pain is a distant memory. My days are filled with exciting adventures and fulfilling projects.

I used to wonder what it would be like to stand tall again. Now I am doing it. Unashamed and unfraid. My latter truly is greater than my past.

Nothing holds me back. The sky is the limit to what I can accomplish. I can say without a doubt that my pain didn’t stop me. It propelled me forward. It launched me into what I am doing today.

I spend my days sharing my story with people from all over the world. My struggles, my fears…all of it. I share it not from a place of pity, but a place of victory. I share from a place of victory now. I have climbed the mountain of sickness and overcome it. I have climbed the mountain of physical pain and overcome it. YOU can, too. No matter what you are facing today, something better is just over the horizon!

It is not uncommon for me to be in Seattle one day and Spain the next. People are hurting everywhere. If I can bring hope to one person who has been beaten down by the circumstances of life, it is worth it.

It is a privilege to give my life away others. For so long I was dependent on others to help me, now I get to be that support system for someone else. I get to extend my hand to lift them out of the pit. I get to show them that anything is possible if they just believe.

That is what I live for! I used the words of doubt and hate and misunderstanding as stepping stones to greatness. You have something of value to give to the world. Stop hiding! Stop using excuses. You can make a difference now. You don’t have to wait until you are a certain age.

If I can say anything to you: Love yourself with all your flaws. Don’t try to change who you are to fit in. There is only one you! Embrace life with everything you have. Don’t draw back from a challenge. Face it. The courage is within you – you just have to see it. No, your body may not change. Things may not get easier at first. But the more you face the obstacles of life, the stronger you become.

As I am standing on the stage in front of thousands of people, I am reminded of one statement that changed my life. As I look out into the crowd of faces, I am struck with gratitude for this opportunity. With tears in my eyes, I say, “I don’t know if anyone has ever told you this, but I believe in you. Whether you are eight years old, or eighty, I believe in you.”

The crowd was so quiet you could hear the rustling of papers throughout the auditorium.


“I believe that each of you haven’t reached your full potential. Shake off the worries of yesterday and the what ifs of tomorrow and just live life. Do what you’ve been afraid of doing.”

My Signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memories Rewind: Granny’s Clothesline

New URL

Freewriting Day 19: Tangled Web