Finals are over and I'm off for a month! I've learned a lot this semester. In my creative writing class, my final project was the beginning of a novel. I turned in 33 pages, and I'm quite proud of myself because this is the longest work on one subject that I've ever done! I plan to continue working on it. One thing people may not realize is it takes a lot of time and patience to to tell a story in right way.In other words, not rushing from point to point, but really taking your time to develop the characters and setting.
I've been sick. Instead of focusing on the negative, I want to write a list of things that I can do now that I couldn't do a year ago.
- I helped my mom decorate the Christmas tree this year
- I was able to attend college classes from 8 to 2 on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays
- I started helping on my church's publication team, which meets weekly
- As of Saturday, I am now able to transfer myself for my wheelchair to the recliner with no help
- I can pick up my baby cousin without hurting my back
- I can put on my stretchy pants on with no help (Blue jeans still require help, but I will master that eventually)
- I can pop a wheelie in my wheelchair
- I learned how to use Adobe Illustrator
- I designed a logo using Adobe Illustrator
- I'm able to sit up more, which is why so many things on this list are possible
- As an extra special surprise, I'm coming back to church on Wednesday nights starting TONIGHT! I have not been able to go church on Wednesday nights in several years because of my pain. All praise goes to God for His neverending grace!!