Weekend Recap

My mom and I went to Belk in Seneca. It had much better sales than the one where I live. On the way to get something to eat, I spotted a Bath and Body Works sale, so of course we turned around. They were having there semi-annual sale. Sadly, it wasn't as good as years past. I remember when they had the antibacterials 5 for $10. Mama was needing a few things, but we looked around for a bit because I was tired and in pain. Not a good combination. We were able to get out and go somewhere new for a little bit so that was good. I've learned to be thankful for those trips, even if they're not long because I remember when I couldn't stay in Wal-M@rt for ten minutes due to hip pain.

We had a laid back Fourth this year. My mom grilled filet mignon just for our little family not a whole crowd. She wanted steak from one of her favorite restaurants, but they were closed. She said the price of the filet mignon at the store equaled about what the takeout would have cost.

My cousin didn't do fireworks until last night. I was kinda bummed because I thought he was doing them on the Fourth so I rested all day to have enough energy.

Stay tuned for the next edition of Memories Rewind! It involves old men and sweet treats.

Comments

Stop it....NOW....your making me hungry LOL. Its funnny how certain sounds take us back isn't it. The sound of an ice cream van works for me too :)
Mrs. Realife said…
So true!! I LOVED when we'd hear the song... We'd all scurry around the house looking for money and one of my 4 other siblings would go stop him -- It SCREAMS summer!!

Popular posts from this blog

Freewriting Day 19: Tangled Web

Memories Rewind: Granny’s Clothesline

Advocating for Another: Inside the Fishbowl