Some Thoughts

I don't want to write a frivolous post just to fill up space and say I posted. I want it to mean something. The reason I decided to post about this is because of a conversation with my grandmother. Not just any conversation, a gut wrenching conversation that brought up so many feelings that I tried to push back.

We talked about how that it doesn't do any good to be bitter about the situation because that can't change what happened or aid in your own recovery. My grandmother said that being bitter won't help the other person heal either. She's exactly right.

I thought about what we talked about. I've been thinking A LOT lately. I'm sure you've all heard the question: "What kind of pain is worse, emotional or physical?"

There are many opinions, but I'll give you mine. I think they both have a level of pain. It really depends on the situation. Here's how I see it: Emotional pain is worse because you can't see the pain getting better, you can only feel it. With physical pain, you see the pain getting better because of a scar. That's a symbol of healing. You don't have that with emotional pain. That pain is sometimes like a gaping open wound that stays open. Doctors can give you medicines to help you heal physically, but God is the one that helps you with your emotional pain. He knows exactly what you're feeling and He longs to take that pain from you and replace it with His love. In some cases, there is nothing that no one can say to ease the emotional pain.

People say that time heals all wounds. I guess that's partially true. It's up to you if you move on or not. Time isn't the deciding factor. It has a little to do with it, but it's ultimately up to you. You get to decide whether a situation, a decision will make you bitter or better. You decide how you feel about the situation, just like you decide whether or not today will be a good day.

What do you think is worse: physical or emotional pain?

Comments

The Blonde Duck said…
Wasn't that cute?
Gwen said…
I thought they did a great job with this!!! So creative and so fun. :) XOXO
shelley said…
hey there, thanks so much for the sweet bday message! i loved this video, it made me smile so much! i know weddings are meant to be traditional and a spiritual but i guess for them they had such envolvement of their close friends, that took some practicing there, choreographed really nicely!
cheers,
shelley
http://iamstillstandingafterallthistime.blogspot.com
http://theplaygroundprincess.blogspot.com
Hopsy said…
This sounds interesting, I will have to check it out!

Popular posts from this blog

New URL

Memories Rewind: Granny’s Clothesline

Freewriting Day 19: Tangled Web