Mothers

My mother is such a strong woman who has weathered many storms in her life. She's found a way to move on and find the joy in life. She's always upbeat, giving until she can't give anymore, loving with her whole heart, and (most importantly) laughing along the way. She's taught me to hold my head up in the midst of adversity. She's let me know that it's OK to be me and voice my opinions.

When I was made fun of each day at elementary school, she was concerned about protecting me, like a tiger protects her cubs, whatever the costs.

She was there in those late night homework sessions during the fifth grade. I was so frustrated with myself, but she urged me to keep trying. One day, the light bulb came on and I made a 95 on a test and never looked back.

Little did I know what lie ahead in the next few years (for another post).

She was there for me the night before I started high school. Oh what a night! I was a nervous wreck because I'd been hearing stories about how all the freshman were going to get stuffed in the lockers. Since I couldn't sleep, she put on a CD with soothing music. This year defined me for so many reasons. When everyone else was worrying about wearing the latest fashions, surgeries awaited me.

She was there when I was pretty much on bed rest for two years of my life during my junor and senior years of high school. She did everything and more. She WAS my in home nurse. I always joke, asking "What's my bill for today?" She said (and still says) I could never repay her. She's so right about that. She was there to wipe my tears away because all of my friends had forgotten about me. All of them were too busy to come see me. She saw my pain and hurt.

She was there for the countless hours of physical therapy, cheering me on when I think I can't go anymore. She's also come up with endless jokes to take my mind off of the pain.

She's been there to watch me grow up. It may not seem like much, but not everyone has both parents there for those special moments.

Mama, I could never write enough to say how much you mean to me. Thank you for providing me with a great example of what a woman should be.

What are some things that you love about your mother?

Comments

tam7777 said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
tam7777 said…
Thanks sweetie for all the nice things you said about me. I love you
BK said…
So sweet! Mothers are simply the greatest!!!!
The Blonde Duck said…
Wonderful writing!

Popular posts from this blog

New URL

Memories Rewind: Granny’s Clothesline

Freewriting Day 19: Tangled Web