Color My World

I've been collecting a few photos here and there, waiting for the perfect time to post it. I say "perfect" time, but there's really no perfect time to do anything, is there? There will always be somewhere to go, something to do. Dogs to be fed, papers to be done.

So, without further ado, here are my thoughts. Color can drastically affect your mood. A yellow room can make you cheerful, while a chocolate room can make you hungry. Dark colors can make spaces feel more intimate and cozy, or claustrophobic.

I know I've done a post with pictures and links before, so I wanted to do something different--I made a collage.





The first picture was taken by Stuck in Customs.
The fifth picture was taken by Panda Cat Baby. I've seen people blend several colors of eyeshadow together to create a smokey eye, but I'd never seen some blend bright colors together and have it come out right. Instead of expressing their individuality, they came off looking like they did their makeup with the lights off.
The eighth picture was taken by Michelle in Ireland. It's called "Take a Ride on the Rainbow Slide".
The ninth picture was taken by daeijan. This one reminded me of a celing you'd find in a faraway place like Morrocco. Just by looking at the photo, I could tell that the building was full of life. Where else would you find a ceiling like that?
The tenth picture was taken by Jeff Sullivan. This isn't your typical rainbow, but it represents the colors of the rainbow. It jumped out at me immediately. It was unique and different, end of story.
The eleventh picture was taken by Will Bragg. It's not everyday that you see flowers planted like that. It truly is a work of art to design something like that. I think you captured the best of both words: You made the some tulips stand out, while managing to make the field seem as if it's going forever.
The very last photo was taken by Stuck in Customs. I loved this one because it represents the opposite side of the color spectrum. It's not your typical brightly colored photo, but it has and impact all its own. It evokes different emotions. The first thing I thought of was Chronicles of Narnia. It seems as if that secret passage way could lead to anywhere in the world, doesn't it?

The photos in between are my photos. My mom took the sunset one and I've always loved that picture. I'm not going to explain each on of those because this post is already long.
What kinds of pictures catch your eye? Why? Join in the fun by doing a post about color with Mr. Linky!



Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice blog buddy. Hey, check out this new website. www.indianewsupdates.com. It looks cool. What do you think?
Meg said…
really pretty pics!

regarding macys, sales people can be really pushy sometimes, ugh they just keep on! I've got one too and they send tons of coupons!
tam7777 said…
lots of color--it is neat how you can see different things in the pictures--that is how it should be
The Blonde Duck said…
Middle school gives me nightmares.
I like your list a lot. I would add not to worry so much if you don't know right this moment what you want to become but try to make the effort to figure it out. I would also say how important getting an education is and not to put it off if possible (like I did). :)

Popular posts from this blog

New URL

Memories Rewind: Granny’s Clothesline

Freewriting Day 19: Tangled Web