Love People Anyway



Image by StockSnap from Pixabay

If the last few months have taught me anything, it's love people anyway. Go out of your way to make people feel loved and appreciated. Listen to their silly stories. Be inconvenienced. Take the trip. Make memories because you really don't know when it will be your last opportunity.

Life can change in an instant. And you may have done nothing to deserve the hand that you were dealt, but remember, the people around you didn't deserve it either. They were merely caught in the crossfire of someone else's pain.

I finally realize the depth of what Martina McBride sang in her song when she said, 

"You can spend your whole life building
Something from nothin'
One storm can come and blow it all away
Build it anyway

You can love someone with all your heart
For all the right reasons
In a moment they can choose to walk away
Love 'em anyway."

I heard that from a place deep inside of me the other week when I was confronted with unimaginable pain. I even asked someone, "How did we get here?"

I know through it all, I will NEVER regret choosing to love. I will never regret being a safe place for others. I will never regret choosing the right way over the easy way.



My Signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New URL

Memories Rewind: Granny’s Clothesline

Freewriting Day 19: Tangled Web