God, Help Me

God, help me
I feel so disconnected
We may be back together and near other people, but I feel miles apart

It's like starting over
It is starting over

Where do I fit?
Does anyone want what I have to give?

Does anyone see me?
I feel like a blip on the water that is only there for a few seconds
In and out
Up and down

Nothing changes
People are callous and cold

Only doing surface level chit chat
I can't stand that

I can't stand feeling like this is just another day
Smiling but never really connecting
Hugging but never breaking barriers

I'm tired of those who are okay with status quo
Go with the flow
Don't disrupt how we do things

God, help me to feel again
Help me to see clearly
Not with a haziness
A cloud hanging over everything

Every word
Every action
Even interactions

Let me be a bridge
Let me be a light
Pointing the way for others
Even if no one else cares

Even if they don't care enough to do anything
Even if they don't care enough to say anything
Help me to not shrink back
And curl into myself

Going back into my shell
Help me not lose myself



My Signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New URL

Memories Rewind: Granny’s Clothesline

Freewriting Day 19: Tangled Web