Disrupt the Environment




Last year, my little two year old niece pulled an indoor orange tree up by the roots. My mom was devastated as she had worked for two years to get it to grow.  She thought surely the tree was dead.

Amazingly, the tree did not die. It THRIVED, growing by leaps and bounds.

As I was talking to my mom this week, I said, "MaKensie disrupted the tree's environment. Maybe I need to disrupt mine. It's so easy for us to get comfortable doing routines. I know I have done that with my exercises. In order to grow, you have to do something different. You have to be willing to throw caution to the wind and say, "Let's try this and see what happens!"

That is exactly what I did when I walked with my walker a few days ago. Instead of walking the hallway at home, I told my mom I wanted to start at the front door, hoping I could make it to the end of the hall.

Guess what? I did make it! It has been years since I've been able to do that and I am so thankful.

My Signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New URL

Memories Rewind: Granny’s Clothesline

Freewriting Day 19: Tangled Web