Daily Challenge: One Thing I Love About Myself

Day 6 of the Love Myself challenge. One thing I love about myself is I love people well. I try my best to encourage people and let them know I am there for them. 

What does it mean to love people well?

It means you love people differently, because no two people are the same. When I embrace a person's differences, it gives them the chance to truly be themselves. They might even embrace their quirkiness and start to love who they are. 

When I love them well, it's a two way street. They will start to draw things out of me that I didn't know I had. I will start to see myself and my gifts in a different light.

Loving people well means to be a pillar of support. A shoulder to lean on. Loving people well means creating an environment where people can be vulnerable. Vulnerable means leaving your facade at the door. It means being given the chance to be raw and real.

Loving people well means being there when life throws you into the deepest waters. Loving people well means you shine a light on hidden truths within the person. Things that they thought were buried, never to come to fruition.

Loving people well means asking hard questions...of yourself and others.
Loving people well means staying when it's messy and there are no simple answers.

Do you have someone in your life who loves you well? How do they do that?


My Signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New URL

Memories Rewind: Granny’s Clothesline

Freewriting Day 19: Tangled Web