See - N - Serve

Last Sunday, Mama and I went to the Hendersonville Apple festival with my sister-in-law and niece and nephews.

It's a huge event and people come from all over. We took the kids in the Mast General store, and all was well until getting ready to leave.

Mama was in line to pay for things and my sister-in-law had gone in another direction to try to avoid the crowds. I tried to follow her, but my wheelchair wouldn't fit through the narrow space.

I got Mama's attention and said, "I don't know how to get out of here!" She told me just to wait at the side while they paid for things.

I was going to do that until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up to see a young girl asking me (the very same one who tried to help me moments before), "Where are you trying to go? In the store or outside?"

I said, "Outside."

To my surprise, she said, "Do you want to follow me and I'll help you get outside?"

I said, "Yes!" Off we went.

She didn't just hurry on ahead of me. She checked to make sure I was close behind several times. And when a few people didn't see me she said, "Excuse us" so we could go on.

When we finally weaved our way out of the crowd, she said, "Do your friends know you're out here?" I said, "No, my mom will be wondering where I went."

She said, "What does she look like? I'll tell her you're out here."

This young girl was not an employee. She was just looking for an opportunity to serve someone. She didn't just see a need, she met the need. There were countless people around, but only she offered to help. This reminded me of Jesus when He said, "If anyone sees a fellow believer in need and has the means to help him, yet shows no pity and closes his heart against him, how is it even possible that God’s love lives in him(1John 3:17 TPT)?

My challenge for you this week is this: If you see a need (and trust me, there will be plenty if you look), meet it! We can all do something to make this world a better place.
My Signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memories Rewind: Granny’s Clothesline

New URL

Freewriting Day 19: Tangled Web