Every day we are faced with a choice. Is today going to be good or bad? While you can't change the circumstances, you can change your attitude.
When my body is trying to adjust to the changes, which result in some sleepless nights, I get a choice. I can wallow in self-pity and find countless things to nit pick, or I can say, "No matter what I feel like, I'm going to praise You anyway." In fact, I uttered those words through tears today as I waited for relief. One thing I've learned is you can waste your life away waiting for things to happen. You have to embrace the moment. I thought of the first song that popped into my head and started singing.
God didn't mind that it sounded like a blubbering mess. I was determined to get in a good mood. Sometimes we can be so focused on a little thing that we miss the big picture. The big picture is I still have a life. I have breath to laugh and sing. I can write when words are stuck between the lump in my through and my stubborn head.
It won't be like this forever. I've been through this before at different times in my life. I choose to focus on the good because if I focus on the bad things, that does no good. When I'm at my weakest, I know things could be worse. So, I'm going to be thankful that tomorrow is Friday, which gives me a few days to recuperate.
P.S. Today is the fourth anniversary of my second surgery.
Until next time,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Longest Goodbye
This is what I said it felt like when describing what we have gone through with my grandmother. For four years, we've watched her slip a...
-
I was recently having a conversation with some other people. A really thought-provoking question was asked. "What event do you wish you...
-
I just came through another major surgery at 14. I slowly walked the hallway of the hospital as I was trying to prepare myself to meet my ne...
-
I wrote this almost a month ago, but I thought this was the right time to post it. Rain on a Tin Roof by digifishmusic Please click the ...
No comments:
Post a Comment