Memories Rewind: Backstreet Boys? Psh...Backstreet Girls is Where it's At

Girls have some creative imaginations. My cousins and I were over at my grandparent's trying to think of something to do. I think we spent more time deciding on something than actually doing it. After all, necessity is the mother of invention, right? It might have had something to do with a concert that I'd gone to.

I had the brilliant idea to get my younger cousins in front of the fireplace to do a one of a kind performance. Decked out in our Backstreet Boys t-shirts, we belted out "I Want it That Way", "Larger Than Life", "Everybody", "Quit Playing Games" (with my heart), and many others.

My Memaw had the camcorder nearby so she filmed it. Many on the couches asked for an encore, and we happily obliged. I played the part by singing into my hand. My younger cousins showed off their best dance moves. My youngest cousin would laugh during the performances."Come on y'all, make it fun!" I said. Sometimes the youngest one would break out in a dance solo, so me and my other cousin stepped back. "Take it away, M!" I shouted for encouragement. The music was blaring, so I don't know whether she understood me or not.

"Don't wanna hear you!" Ain't nothin' but a heartache!" I sang. My little cousin looked to us for the words. She didn't quite understand what the Backstreet Boys were all about, but she was determined to get some camcorder time! We finished our songs and collapsed on the floor. Being a rock star is hard work! At the end of the day, we were laughing at ourselves because we looked so silly on the video, but we made a memory that lasts forever.

What's a great memory that you want to share? Go ahead, I've embarrassed myself too. I've included Mr. Linky so that everyone can join in the fun.






Comments

shelley said…
hi there,
first of all, i wanted to let you know that post really made me smile! i can see my daughter singing her little heart out like that too! what a great memory for you! and what you're a southern gal who doesn't care for football? wow! i thought they poured that stuff into your genes down there... don't worry, we live outside of dc with many many many people who breathe for the readskins but not me or my husband, that is why we thought our daugher was so funny with this great love for the sport! hope you are having a wonderful day! and keep singing! :)
shelley
http://iamstillstandingafterallthistime.blogspot.com
http://theplaygroundprincess.blogspot.com
Meg said…
haha that's too funny.. I've come to adore a video camera lately, although I hate being the one on it, I'd rather be behind it. Good for you girls!!

Popular posts from this blog

Freewriting - Day 1: Emotions

Freewriting Day 19: Tangled Web

Memories Rewind: Granny’s Clothesline