That Will Be Worth It

You know, change can be good(at least that's what I tell myself). It seems as if I've been in a sad period in my life for awhile. Today was one of those days. The day where you don't see any of the progress you've made. Have you ever wanted something so bad that it hurts? Well, that's where I'm at.

I know this process that I'm going through will make the day that I can walk again that much sweeter. I tell my mom from time to time, "I don't know how I'm going to repay you for all that you've done for me, especially these last few years. She said, "When you get that college diploma, that'll be payment enough." I guess only a mother could say those words and mean it. Everyone else would expect some thing in return. Not a mother. 

I recently told my physical therapist the same thing. After all, he has seen me cry and laugh. He's been with me when I didn't have any hope and he's been with me the time that I finally was able to walk all the way around the hospital without bursting into tears. How do you repay someone for things like that? You don't. He replied, "When your Mama and I can see you walk from the car into here own, that'll be worth it."

Comments

tam7777 said…
it will be worth it.
How very sad... my heart breaks for both the breeder and the dogs. I wish I could take one - they are beautiful - but given our small yard and small home, I don't think it would be a good fit. :(
Tara Gibson said…
my heart breaks for her! those dogs are beautiful!

Popular posts from this blog

Freewriting Day 19: Tangled Web

Advocating for Another: Inside the Fishbowl

Memories Rewind: Playhouse Parties